MDOT Awards $3M in Grade Crossing Project Funds

A total of $3 million has been awarded by the Michigan Department of Transportation for 41 grade crossing projects in the state.

In a news release MDOT said the Local Grade Crossing Surface Program providing for projects ranging from minor asphalt repairs to installation of new track and surface materials.

Projects receive 60 percent state funding with railroads responsible for the remaining 40 percent of the costs.

The work is to be performed by the railroads and their contractors, with cooperation of MDOT and local road departments for detour routes.

Scheduling of the projects is the responsibility of the railroads and local road agencies.

Eight-one applications for the grant money were received from 40 road agencies in partnership with 17 railroads and were evaluated on a competitive basis.

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


%d bloggers like this: